Saturday, April 15, 2006

About The Artist

Posted by Picasa
I was born on March 11th, in Florida. My parents named me Marjorie Dearstone Dickinson. At 5, my grandmother, Mary Helen Dickinson taught me to paint at her kitchen table. Her mint green supply cabinet rests in my kitchen today.

I am a poet finishing up the final drafts of a manuscript for my first book. After high school, I attended Barnard College, Columbia University where I spent my time getting a French Literature degree and taking painting, sculpture, photography, and printmaking classes.
After College, I attended the Florida School of Massage and subsequently became a licensed massage therapist and certified hand and foot reflexologist.

Thanks for visiting my site. Please feel free to post your questions or comments and stay tuned for future posts.

Detail taken from Qui N'a Plus Qu'un Moment A Vivre

N'a Plus Rien A Dissimuler, 2005.

original work, 17'' x 18''

oil pastel, acrylic, ink, charcoal, graphite, colored pencil, and colored marker on watercolor paper

_______


Den Tod,
den du mir schuldig bliebst, ich
trag ihn
aus.

The death
you still owe me, I
carry it
out.



You and

others have visited this site recently!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marjorie!! Your website is AWESOME, you are really so talented!! It was great running into you the other day, please keep me posted!! Love, Kadie Pettit

owl farm resident said...

I humbly take back those negative things that I said about your artwork so many years ago and I regret not saying hello at the Atlanta airport. Well done Marjorie. You are a legitimate one in a million!